Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Installation in Ubuntu Server 6.10!!!

Today I learned to install .deb file..its easy...is n't it?? from my home dir or what ever location in the filesystem...
But How?

  • go to the dir where ur .deb file is located.... /home/lynx.deb
  • then install it
    • $ sudo dpkg -i lynx_ubuntu.deb ----> I rename the .deb file name
    • But it does not work!!!! dependency problem... libgnutls12....I will find today and try to install
But I could install another software called mtools but what is this I don't know?? long time back I have installed.... process is same as above...here no dependency problem..... so installed smoothly...

Experience with MySQL
$sudo mysql -u root ----> it will go to the mysql prompt
mysql> set password for 'root'@'localhost' = password('newpassword'); --> changing the root password...
then I do some cool sql code...which work smothly like...
show databases;
create database mytest;
create table employee(name varchar(10),aga int);
uff!!! I made a spelling mistake aga for age..in my home also :-)
insert into employee('myname',23);

Cool every thing working fine :-)

Actually the whole day I fed up with working in legacy mainframe what I do for full time.. And in home I experiment what ever intrest to me...
But very lazy person I am....I use to sleep from 12PM to 9AM....9hr....

Last night, while I am sleeping I listen to IPOD one of podcast somebody discussion regarding about ATOM vs RSS in IT conversation I guess......But sleep while listening...and my IPOD keep on playing thru all night...

Bye for now!!!


No comments: