Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My Experience with Linux!!!!

Ufff!!!!!!!!!
Transition is really COOOOOOOOOOL!!!
I tried everything on PIII, 128MB SD RAM (then I buy another stick of 128 SD RAM) with processor speed 1.13GHZ...
As of now I experienced almost all flavour of Linux Distribution.
Starting with Fedora 6 ... Hang several time during installation but still does not loose hope... If I am not wrong I have tried around 15 times or most probably more. Try to read hell lot of document, discussion forum still no help..
At the same time tried with Suse 10.1... it also hang during installtion...For this also tried several times... with less result..
I could not able to see the face of it...
Then downloaded Ubuntu Desktop same problem...getting shit I/O buffer error....
Then try my luck with few Live CD distribution...
At last able to see the beautiful face of Linux in the style of Mandriva 2007 and try to install it on Harddisk working fine.... But not satisfied...Bcoz I could not able to install Fedora 6...again trying installing Fedora...fails... cool..........Suse 10.1 fails.......... cool........
Then tried with Knowpix it is also not booting for my PC... My life screwed up only installing these pieces of distribution.....
Then bring home Xubuntu.....it work fine..... but I want LAMP on it...how to do it???? don't know....
then I downloaded Ubuntu Server 6.10 (Edgy)....Hell it is completely command line, no GUI... I just transition from Window and command line.... But its okay.... I am not afraid to working in command line....
I will get what I require through command line only...........

Cool!!!

No comments: