Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Ubuntu Server 6.10

Problem I face in Ubuntu Server 6.10...
  • I could not able to access my IPOD (don't want to play song :-) just want to get my document stored here) --- after 2 day struggle I did it!!!!
How?? its easy... after knowing everything is easy.....
$ sudo fdisk -l
---- it show information about my IPOD...like it's filesystem is VFAT and is mounted under (not sure abt the terminology) dev/sda2
$ sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda2 /media/ipod
Yes I have done it!!! Now I could access my content in /media/ipod/

  • Now new problem... how to read .doc file and .pdf file which are stored in my ipod....so I found few tool like antiword...and downloaded the tar file.... till now trying to install but not successful though..
  • In the mean time... I am looking into some text browser... so that I could do some PHP and MySQL stuff.... so downloaded lynx in .deb as well as .tar.gz format.... but could not able to install.... I could not able to install from my ipod... and for .tar.gz format I think my compiler is not working....still lots of problem... let me solve one by one....
  • I found one text bowser already present in in the Ubuntu Server distribution that is w3m I have to understand how to use it?? today I will try it..
Bye for now!!!

No comments: